Open topic with navigation
Ticker Row Settings
Use the Ticker Row configuration settings to specify the look of tickers on your trading pages.
To define Ticker Row configuration settings
1. Open Global Configuration
- From within Mosaic, use the File menu.
- From within Classic TWS, use the Edit menu.
2. In the left pane, click Display and then Ticker Row
3. Use the right panel to set the custom ticker row parameters.
Ticker Row Settings
- Display stocks with options available in bold - when checked, stocks that have options will display in bold font on the trading screen.
- Show hedging icon in size column - check to have the delta hedge icon shown in the Quantity field for volatility orders with an attached delta hedge.
- Display tick-dots instead of colored prices - when checked, price display on the Quote Monitor will be in white with a colored tick dot indicating upward or downward price movement.
- Remove leading zero before decimal point - Check to remove the leading zero before decimals in TWS to conserve space, for example see ".25" instead of "0.25."
- Show position values in base currency - If checked, all position and P&L values are recalculated to display in your base currency, and are shown in italics to identify them as having been converted from the local currency to your base currency.
- Highlight high or low for the day - when checked, the Last price will display in RED if it is also the day's low, and will display in BLUE if it is also the day's high.
- Display Buy/Sell mouse-pointer over Bid and Ask cells - When checked, you will see the word "BUY" when you hover over the Ask price and "SELL" when you hover over the bid price as a reminder of the action a click will invoke.
- Show white outline for cells with hotkey actions - When checked, a thin white border will display around cells when you mouse over them whenever clicking the cell will result in an action, for example the bid or ask cell will initiate a sell or buy order when clicked.
- Double click on contract will - Specify whether double-clicking an instrument will open the full Contract Details page, or make the field editable allowing you to change the instrument .
Set a Home Exchange Group that identifies your most-used exchange groups. Each time the primary listing exchange for an instrument matches a home exchange group, that exchange is hidden from the description on the ticker line. This feature can help to clean up your trading page by removing the repetitive listing of your most-used exchanges.
Fixed Income Minimum Size Increment
Customize the quantity display for fixed income products.
- Select $1 to size in face value.
- Select $1 K to size in multiples of 1000.
Fixed Income Pricing
Shows the bond price including or excluding the away platform fees. Bond orders are frequently created on the condition that they should only trade when the quantity meets or exceeds a minimum acceptable trade size (set when the order is created) becomes available at their price. IB calculates and displays the net price for each order or quote that it receives from away platforms assuming that the quoted price will trade in full.
Note: Given the platform fee and any possible minimum size requirements the displayed "total" bid or ask prices may only be achieved by trading the full size.
- Show Net Price - Displays full bond price including away platform fees.
- Show Raw Price - Displays the bond price only, exclusive of away platform fees.
Forex Size Display Settings
- Full display shows all digits - If selected, a sample size would show as 5,000,000.
- Abbreviated display shows “K” for thousands and “M” for millions - If selected, the above size of 5,000,000 would display as 5M.
Position and P&L Display Settings
- Include Away positions to Portfolio and P&L - check to show away positions on a new tab in the Positions section of the Account window, in the Positions field displayed on any TWS trading page, and on the Portfolio page.
For display purposes, position values are aggregated to include both IB-held positions and “away” positions on the same instrument/contract. However for trading purposes, if you elect to “close” a position, only the portion held at IB will be traded.
- Include today’s opening position in P&L calculation - Check to include existing positions in the calculation for the P&L column only.
- Round values to nearest whole number - When checked, the Cost Basis, Market Value and all other P&L value column will be rounded to the nearest whole number.
- Color-code position and P&L columns - When checked, the Position and all P&L columns will use color-coding to indicate positive and negative values at a glance. Set the colors using the selection boxes below.
- Increase average price precision by "n" points - Increase precision of Market Value and Average Price fields by adding more decimals places. Elect to show the extra precision in superscript, i.e. 23.4521
Complex (Multi-Leg) Positions
- Group legs into complex positions/Hide complex positions - Elect to "Group" legs to show the position as a single combination strategy. Elect to "Hide" complex positions to display legs individually.
- Display P&L on Complex Positions - When checked, both P&L and Realized P&L will be shown for the complex position to which it is attributed. When unchecked, it will be shown on corresponding legs.
- Simplify combinations ratios - Check to simplify the combination ratio display, ie. simplify 6:3 to 2:1. Leave unchecked to leave ratios in their original form.
- Use option leg price increments in price wand - When checked, price increments for complex multi-leg positions will be the same as increments for an individual leg.
Borrow/Loan Rate Format
- The default Fee Rate format shows the borrow/lend rate from the perspective of a fee owed.
- The Rebate Rate mode shows the borrow/lend rate from the perspective of a rebate received. When in rebate mode, data is italicized.
Volume Column Display Settings
- Prefer native volume - Does not update with every tick, but will include delayed transactions, busts, late-reported trades and combos.
- Prefer calculated volume - Updates with every tick, but may not include delayed transactions, busts, late-reported trades and combos.
- Abbreviated display shows "K" for thousands and "M" for millions - Check to show abbreviated instead of exact volume display using letters. This display saves space but may not show enough detail for all cases.
Click Reset Subscription to modify settings for delayed market data.
- Show Forex data in 1/10 pips - When checked, forex quote precision will be increased to 1/10 of a PIP (from usual 1/2 PIP). This is for quotes only.
- Allow Forex trading in 1/10 pips - When checked, Forex orders will be submitted in 1/10 pip increments.
- Show last known quotes, excluding indexes - When checked, a static snapshot of the bid, ask, bid size and ask size is displayed when the markets are closed, for all tickers that are subscribed to market data excluding indexes.
- Show last known quotes for indexes only - When checked, a static snapshot of the last price on the index is displayed when the markets are closed, for all index tickers that are subscribed to market data.
- Do not prompt for Market Data subscriptions - When checked, you will not be prompted to see delayed market data for those tickers that have no market data subscription. A change to this parameter requires that you restart your system before the change takes effect.
- Format prices with commas - Check to see commas in price quotes where applicable.