Open topic with navigation
Modify Rapid Order Entry Settings
The Rapid Order Entry panel is one component of a trading page, and consequently its settings are managed through the Page Layout Manager. Any changes you make to the Rapid Order Entry settings are applied via that page's assigned page layout. If you have not created or applied page layouts to specific pages, all pages are controlled through the default page layout. The procedure below assumes some familiarity with the page layout manager.
To modify Rapid Order Entry settings
- On the Edit menu, select Global Configuration.
- Select Trading Tools then Trading Window in the left pane.
- Click the Rapid Order Entry tab to view the current settings.
- Use the checkboxes, editable fields and Display Settings described in the table below to enable/disable features, set default values and select a default order type.
- Click OK.
Note: Note that you are making changes to a component of a page layout, not to a specific page. These changes will also be applied to all other pages using this layout.
Rapid Order Entry Settings
You can record hot key assignments for rapid order entry actions. Note that your standard hot keys (Buy, Sell etc) are not valid within the Rapid Order Entry panel.
- Show - displays the Rapid Order Entry panel at the top of any pages using the layout.
- Hide - hides the Rapid Order Entry panel at the top of any pages using the layout.
- Stocks - automatically configures the Rapid Order Entry panel to allow you to trade stocks. You will see the Display Settings list to the right from which you can select the fields you want to use.
- Stocks/Options - automatically configures the Rapid Order Entry panel to allow you to trade stocks or options. You will see the Display Settings to the right from which you can select the fields you want to use.
- Combos - automatically configures the Rapid Order Entry panel to allow you to create and trade combination and spread orders. The Display Settings list is not relevant to this layout.
- Primary Exchange - enter the default routing exchange. We recommend using Smart to get the best execution.
- Default size - set the default order size. You may edit the value in this field from the panel.
- Default order type - sets the default order type. You may edit this value from the panel.
- Request market data - controls whether you will see a line of market data above the order management line that is created when you transmit an order.
- Save contract info - when checked, the information for the current instrument will remain after you transmit an order. Unchecked, all fields are cleared after you transmit an order.
Check any fields that you want to appear on the Rapid Order Entry panel.
- Move up/move down - puts the checked fields in order. The order in which they appear in this list determines the order in which they will appear on the Rapid Order Entry panel, and the order in which the cursor will be inserted as you tab through the fields if Include in tab order is checked.
- Include in tab order - this box must be checked or unchecked for each of the selected fields in the list. Checking instructs your cursor to land in that field as you tab through.