Open topic with navigation
To define display configuration settings
- On the Edit menu select Global Configuration.
- In the left pane, click Display and then Settings.
- Use the right pane to set these parameters:
- Show arbitrage meter - check to automatically show the index arb meter if you have index instruments listed in your market data.
- Show leg trades only - When checked, spreads and combination executions will be shown in individual legs. If unchecked, the entire combination will be displayed, and you can click to expand the line and show the individual leg executions.
- Use consolidated status column - When checked, the Status column will split and show both the Transmit/Cancel buttons and the status color. You must manually remove the Transmit field to activate this feature.
- Rename Relative order type to Pegged-to-Primary - If checked, "relative" orders will display as "Pegged-to-Primary" orders wherever the title occurs. This only changes the name. The relative functionality remains the same.
- Basic display mode - When checked, the display mode remains basic to potential improve system performance. Check to turn off animation and other aesthetic actions.
- Show combo strategy title first - When checked, the strategy title of a combo will display first in the description, as inCalendar Spread + Feb 19 ‘10, - JAN 15 ‘10 14 Call. Uncheck to display the title last, as in+ Feb 19 ‘10, - JAN 15 ‘10 14 Call Calendar Spread.
- Auto Show Price/Size Wand - When checked, the price and size wands will display automatically when you put the cursor into an applicable field. If unchecked, the wand will display when you click and hold the mouse in the field.
- Quickly insert/remove columns from column headers - When checked, holding your mouse over a column header will display the "Insert Column" and "Remove column name" commands. The "Insert" displays a list of available columns that you can quickly add to your panel or window with a single click. The "Remove" command lets you quickly remove the selected column.
- Flash bulletins - Check to have trading notifications flash in red at the top of the screen.
- Titlebar text - Text entered here will be used in place of your account number in the TWS titlebar.
- Allow order sorting on Pending page - When checked, the pending page will go into compressed view when you click an order field header to sort orders. Compressed view displays only orders, no market data lines and no blank lines are shown.
- Auto-resize columns - When checked, tables such as the trading window etc. will automatically resize table columns when a field has been added or removed.
- Show symbol for derivatives - When checked, the local symbol will be shown as part of the contract description.
- Show daylight/summer time indication - When checked, the visible, displayed time zone reflect change for daylight's savings (EST to EDT). When unchecked, this change occurs in the background. Enabling a change to this setting requires you to restart TWS for it to take affect.
- Rename Quantity column to "Leaves" - If checked, the Quantity column across all tools will be renamed to "Leaves" but ONLY IF the Total Quantity column is also displayed.
- Bring all windows to front if one is selected - When checked, all windows in the application are functionally linked, so that selecting one window will bring all windows to the front. This feature is automatically enabled if you enable Workspace windows snapping (above).
- Open new windows near action spot - When checked, new windows or tools will open next to the spot where you initiated the action. This feature is especially helpful for smaller windows and tools that might otherwise open behind or away from the current window, making it difficult to find.
- Allow pages to be detached - When checked, you can detach trading pages from the main trading window.
- Insert pages in alpha order - When checked, newly added pages are automatically inserted alphabetically into your existing tab set of page names.
- Display X icon in tab header - When checked, the X icon to delete a trading page will appear on the active page, next to the trading page title.
- Show for column headers - When checked, you will see descriptive text when you hold your cursor over any of the main Trading screen column names.
- Show timestamps - If checked, when you mouse over the last price you will also see the time of the trade.
- Show tooltip for order reversal - If checked, you will see a tooltip when you elect to reverse an order from the trading window.
- Show mouse hotkey - When checked, you will see a description of the hotkey when you mouse over any fields for which you have created a mouse-click shortcut.
- Show order status information - If checked, when you mouse over the Status field for an order the status of the order, such as Submitted, Pending, Filled, is shown.
- Show calculations for P&L columns - If checked, the full P&L calculation for any P&L columns will be displayed in the mouse-over help. These calculations may be lengthy and require a large help box.
Blink "Trades" toolbar icon after trades
- Blink always on new trade - If selected, the Trades icon on the trading toolbar will blink each time an order executes.
- Blink if Trade window is closed - If selected, the Trades icon on the trading toolbar will only blink on new executions if you have the Executions window closed.
- Never blink - If selected, the Trades icon on the trading toolbar will never blink.
- Color options based on in-the-money status - Check this box to use color-coding to identify an option's in-the-money status at a glance.
- Use the Change button to modify the default in-the-money or out-of-the-money background colors.