Thomas Peterffy:Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Emigrated to the U.S. from Hungary in 1965.
- Became a member of the American Stock Exchange in 1977 as an individual floor trader after working for 10 years as a computer programmer.
- Pioneer in the advancement of options markets and electronic trading. Influential in the formation and structuring of the Boston Options Exchange (BOX) and the International Securities Exchange (ISE).
Milan Galik:Chief Executive Officer, President and Director
- Joined Timber Hill in 1990 as a software developer.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Boston Options Exchange.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Budapest.
Earl H. Nemser:Vice Chairman and Director
- Independent Consultant to the law firm Dechert LLP.
- Specializes in commercial counseling and litigation with an emphasis on securities and commodities law.
- J.D., magna cum laude, from Boston University School of Law.
- B.A. in Economics from New York University.
Paul J. Brody:Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, Secretary and Director
- Spent five years as an Asst. VP and Credit Manager for Mocatta Metals Corp. prior to joining Timber Hill in 1987.
- Responsible for internal admin., finance, accounting, clearing, and banking relationships.
- Oversees certain aspects of new product development.
- B.A. in Economics, Cornell University 1982.
Thomas A. Frank:Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Joined Timber Hill in 1985.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company's trading, processing, and communications systems. Presently, he concentrates on development of brokerage systems.
- Ph.D. in Physics from MIT 1985.
Lawrence E. Harris:Director
- Professor of Finance and Business Economics, and director of the Center of Investment Studies at the University of Southern California, where he holds the Fred V. Keenan Chair in Finance at the Marshall School of Business.
- Serves as a director of the Clipper Fund and as the research coordinator of the Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance.
- From 2002 – 2004, served as the Chief Economist of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Chicago 1982.
- Co-founder and former President & CEO of International Securities Exchange
(ISE), the first all-electronic options exchange in the U.S. He is named as
inventor or co-inventor on six patents relating to its proprietary trading system
- Member of Board of Directors of The Options Clearing Corporation, 2000 –
- Member of Executive Board of Eurex, 2008 – 2016.
- Member of Board of Directors of Direct Edge Holdings, 2008 – 2014.
- Managing Director of NYSE Options, 1986 – 1997.
- Co-founder of the Options Industry Council.
- M.S. with Distinction in Statistics and Operations Research, from New York
- Formerly the Managing Partner at Echinus Partners, an investment partnership
- Associate at SPO Partners, 2010 - 2012
- Investment Analyst at Sloane Robinson, 2008 - 2009
- B.A. in Economics and East Asian Studies, Yale University
- Leads the Company’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) efforts.
- Chair of the Investment Committee of the Peterffy Foundation where he oversees its investment portfolio.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Collective Heritage Institute (commonly known as Bioneers) and focuses his efforts on sustainability issues.
- Worked as an investment analyst within the hedge fund industry.
- Environmental Studies, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2012-2018, Credit Suisse - Managing Director, Head of Equities, North Asia and Vice Chairman, Greater China
- 1994-2012, UBS - Managing Director, various senior management positions across Equities, Equity Capital Markets and Investment Banking.
- Prior to 1994, she was a practicing attorney admitted to practice in the US, UK and Hong Kong.
- Active in public duties in Hong Kong, including as member of numerous panels and Boards for the HK SAR Government, including for the Securities and Futures Commission and Census and Statistics department.
- LL.B. University of Hong Kong
- LL.M. Harvard Law School
- Three decades of experience in human resources and talent management holding leadership roles at companies including Condé Nast, American Express and Sotheby’s.
- Compensation Committee Chair for WOW Internet & Cable and appointed to the 2015 Quadrennial Commission evaluating compensation levels for New York City elected officials.
- MBA from New York University-Stern School of Business with a focus in Management & Organizational Behavior.
- Independent board member for Michigan-based Service Express and New York-based Simulmedia, and former Mayor’s Representative to the board of the New York Public Library.